Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's Not Unusual To Not Post For A While

Life has been rather busy around here lately, hence my lack of posts. I've been working on a load of video for Len, a Canadian band who are currently working on a new record, the first in some years. Their old videos will be posted on YouTube, and linked to their existing MySpace page. In theory, a full site will follow. Anyway, encoding and compressing video takes some time, and I've had to catch up a bit on the newest technology and techniques.

The film business seems to finally be picking up in Toronto as well, good news for me and all the other film technicians in the area. This year I'll be working as a permittee for both of the local unions: IATSE 873 and NABET 700. Last year I worked only for IATSE, so this should bring more calls, which is very nice! I've also been organizing a slew of training courses I need to take. In about a month's time, I'll be certified in 3 different types of forklift, 2 or 3 different types of propane handling, cranes and zoom-booms, and my personal favourite - entry level theatrical pyrotechnics. Finally, I'm on my way to blowing things up! Not that I would ever blow up anything I wasn't supposed to... Really.

So that's where it's all at. I'll certainly try to post more often, and to get out there and take more interesting photos of jolly old Toronto. In the meantime, let's forget our worries about the world and celebrate with Tom Jones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home